- User responsibilities
By using Streatrader, you will be lodging applications or providing other information to a council on-line.
Please ensure that the information that you provide is correct. It is important that the information is accurate, so that council can assess your application and provide you with the correct advice.
It is an offence to provide false or misleading information to council.
When you provide an application on line, the law treats the application in the same way as if you had signed a printed form and sent it to council. You can find out more information about this here.
When using Streatrader, you will create a unique user profile with password security to enable your access to and use of Streatrader. You should keep the password relating to your unique user profile confidential.
You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of Streatrader. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. Any alleged or suspected violations will be investigated and if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement or other agencies in their investigations. Violations of the security of Streatrader include without limitation:
1. logging into or attempting to log into a part of the site that you are not authorised to access;
2. accessing data or taking any action to obtain data, information or services not intended for you or your use;
3. attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
4. tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures;
5. transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or other computer programming routines or engines or engage in conduct that could damage, disrupt or otherwise impair or interfere with a computer's functionality or the operation of Streatrader.
- Other prohibited activity
In using Streatrader, you must not:
1. post, send or otherwise transmit to or through Streatrader any unlawful, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that exploits children or is invasive of or in breach of another person's privacy or other rights;
2. defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
3. misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way;
4. violate any applicable laws or regulations; or
5. assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
- Copyright and intellectual property
Copyright in the content and design of this website and in Streatrader (including content and design) is owned by the State of Victoria.
You may make limited copies of this website in accordance with the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), including copies for research, study, criticism, review or news reporting. You may not publish, reproduce, adapt, modify, communicate or otherwise use any part of this website (in particular for commercial purposes).
By using Streatrader (including making or lodging applications or other documents), individuals and organisations acknowledge that any intellectual property rights -
1. in any document or record that is created in Streatrader; or
2. in the compilation of any information or data entered into Streatrader -
are assigned to, and owned by, the State of Victoria.
i. read down to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable; or
Version 1, September 2012